Willet Construction is a full service Residential Remodeling Company dedicated to Top Quality performance and strong long-lasting client relationships. We can manage all phases of a remodeling project from design work through complete construction process, so there is only one point of contact for all parts of the delivery process.
Our process can include any or all of the following steps depending on the type of project:
Willet Construction’s desire is that your experience using Willet Construction is so great, that you will use us for all your remodeling projects in the future. Design services are the first step in every project undertaken, and will include drawings of the project, input from trade partners, and specific materials you want used. Being able to control both design and the construction process creates a more controlled and thorough project.
A Design fee will be charged for the services described above, and will be a small percentage of what the project is estimated to cost. If Client elects not to enter into a Construction Contract, the Design Fee shall be nonrefundable and the plans remain the sole property of Willet Construction, Inc.
Step 1: In-Home Consultation & Estimated Price Range of Project (Free Service)
- Spend an hour or so to discuss the questionnaire and learn about your goals for your project.
- Give a free estimated price range for your project based on our experiences of other projects. (Typically, plus/minus 20% based on information gathered)
- Discuss any time frames the project needs to be completed in.
- Describe the benefits of working with Willet Construction and answer any questions you have.
- Discuss our process moving forward and associated fees.
- At the end of this meeting you’ll have the opportunity to either go forward with a “Design Contract” or simply send us on our “Merry Way”. Absolutely NO OBLIGATIONS.
Step 2: Design/Development Contract (Payment received prior to commencement of this phase)
- Update computer generated drawings to include elevations and details for accurate estimating.
- Electrical plan details.
- Provide assistance with product selections for more accurate pricing.
- Perform jobsite meeting with Subcontractors for jobsite consultation and firm cost pricing.
- Present a detailed fixed price “Construction Contract” based on selections and owner requested work. (Can be repeated one time at no additional cost if needed)
- Measure the affected areas of the house.
Step 3: Construction Agreement Signed
At The Start…
- You will be assigned a Project Manager that is dedicated to your project for planning and scheduling. We will do a pre-construction walk-through for you to meet him, and answer any questions you have concerning the construction process. He will be the person to call if you have any questions.
- You will receive an e-mail invitation to set up your Builder Trend account, this is our main communication throughout your project. It includes contract total updates, payments received, e-mails, schedules, photographs, change orders, and material final selections. This is a line of communication that will always be open to you to receive information whenever you need it.
- We will obtain all necessary building permits and provide you with a detailed project schedule 2 weeks prior to start date.
- We will require an entrance door key that we will keep in a lockbox onsite that allows our workers to gain access to the jobsite. We will put a yard sign on site for workers to easily identify the work site and so that your neighbors know that workers will be coming and going during the day.