November 2022: Giving Thanks
Thanksgiving is a time to take a breath, give thanks for our many blessings, and spend time with loved ones. With the hurdles and hiccups we’ve experienced this year, focusing on the positive is needed more than ever. One thing we’re thankful for at Willet Construction is YOU.
Willet Construction wouldn’t be where we are today without the support and trust of the clients we’ve served over the years, many of whom we consider friends. We’re grateful you have trusted us and will continue to do our best to make your experiences with Willet Construction the best they can be.
The road to completion isn’t always smooth, but we do our best to eliminate the potholes. Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours.
Our offices and design center will be closed Nov. 24 and 25, so our staff can spend the holiday with their families and friends.
Get Your Home Ready for Holiday Entertaining
Our year is winding down, but the weather has been anything but predictable and high winds have added to the erratic conditions. Hopefully, you have everything tied down or put away that you keep outside. With all the wind, now is a good time to check your weatherstripping on doors and windows.
If you’re looking forward to hosting friends or family this month, here are a few items to put on your checklist:
- Clean out your refrigerator now, so you have a shiny fridge to store your culinary treats and leftovers.
- Vacuum the back and underneath your fridge to keep it running efficiently.
- Replace floor protectors on your chairs. Protect your hardwood floors from the extra use.
- Make sure your outdoor railings and paths are safe. The opportunity for slips and falls is higher when surfaces are covered with ice and snow.
- Deep clean bathrooms now, so when company comes, all they need is a quick surface wipe-down.
- While cleaning the bathroom, check the tub for needed caulk repair. Cracked or worn caulk can let water seep into your home’s framing and lead to mold growth and/or wood rot.
- If you have a slow drain or stuck disposal, get them addressed now so holiday entertaining is seamless and finding a plumber is easier.
- Prepare for snowy weather by stocking up on supplies — ice melt, firewood, and batteries in case the power goes out.
Remodeler’s Advantage Roundtable
Last month, Rick and Jason attended their Remodeler’s Advantage Roundtable meetings. This is an opportunity to give and receive feedback on each business practice and how to improve them.
One area of improvement we received was on our Google reviews because we don’t have very many. While GuildQuality surveys are sent out after projects are completed, many people rely on Google to find out how a business does business.
If you’ve used our services in the past and feel so inclined, would you take a few minutes to review us on Google?
How To Leave a Review on Google
You can leave Google reviews in two ways: through a browser or the Google Maps app. The process is different for each, and yes, you’ll need a Google account to do it (as in Google Chrome or Gmail).
Write a Google review from your browser:
Write a review from the Google Maps app:
Feature Project – Briarhurst Beauty Project
See more of our past projects in our portfolio.
When planning a remodel, one question to ask yourself is, when will you remodel again? This might be the last thing on your mind while you plan your current project, but if you plan on staying in your home for some time, picture what changes you might want to make now that will make the future more comfortable.
One example is lighting: better to over-light an area now and install dimmers than have to come back later to install more lights. Or, if there’s a possibility of an aging parent moving in, what changes can you incorporate now to make the transition easier in the future?
There might be a reason airplane food doesn’t always taste great. The elevation in an airplane, which affects dryness and low pressure, reduces the sensitivity of a person’s taste buds to sweet and salty by about 30%. Along with that, the dry cabin air affects our ability to smell, and that reduces our taste ability even further.
Request a no-hassle consultation with our team today.